Why Laser skin treatment?
It has been proven over the years that laser skin rejuvenation in singapore helps to reduce wrinkles, blemishes on the skin, age spots and helps to maintain the tone of the skin and tightens the skin. There are many techniques of carrying out laser skin rejuvenation. The two broad categories are ablative and non-ablative. Before opting for a laser skin rejuvenation, we often do some research to find out which method of laser skin treatment is best for our desired results. Even a very preliminary research can overwhelm you with so much information that you might feel intimidated.
Things to know about laser skin rejuvenation:
Here are the eight most common things that you must know about laser skin rejuvenation before you opt for the treatment:
- The time when you do the laser treatment makes a lot of difference: autumn is known as the laser season. This is because the skin becomes extra sensitive to exposure to sun till about a year after the treatment is done. Thus many surgeons opt for autumn or winter as during these seasons, daytime is shorter.
- It might hurt while laser treatment: it has been describes by many that the sensation felt during laser treatment is like a rubber band snapping against the skin. But pain is subjective and how much pain a person feels depends on his or her tolerance level, the area of skin being treated and the laser being used.
- Darker skin does not mean you cannot have laser treatment: there is a myth that laser treatment is only meant for people with a lighter skin tone. Certain lasers can cause skin damage to darker skins, but in general there are no dangers.
- A lot depends on the doctor: how skilled the doctor is who is performing the laser can make a lot of difference. An experienced doctor can make miraculous improvements in the skin.
- Certain conditions determine how the kin reacts to laser: it is always better to let your doctor know about your medical conditions before the treatment begins. If you are under acne medication it can delay the healing.
- Different lasers for different skin types: as per your need and skin type, there will be a laser that will be suited for you.
- Planning a series of treatment: plan from beforehand if you are going for non-ablative laser that require series of laser treatment.
- Down time is needed: you need to give yourself enough time to recover after the treatment. The amount of downtime required depends on the type of laser treatment.