While you be one of those people who does not overlook the task of cleaning the floor tiles, you need to also make sure that you are cleaning them at regular frequency or as required as well as the kind of cleaning solutions you are using to clean them in order to ensure that your tiles from a tiles supplier in Singapore look good. Here are some of the tips that will come handy in order to maintain your tiles.
In order to prevent the tiles from getting damaged, practice the following guidelines.
- It is better to test the sealants and the powder on a smaller, less obvious prior to using them on the entire floor.
- After installing the tiles, a sealant must be used on the grout joints.
- Once you have cleaned the floor, it should be rinsed well with clear water so that any residue that remained after applying a cleaning solution is removed properly.
- The tile should be cleaned with a sponge mop. Wet it slightly and then use a detergent, which is soapless using warm water.
- In case you are using a cleaner, you need to ensure that the clear you have chosen is specially made for cleaning the kind of tile.
- If the concentration of the soil is more and the tile used is made of ceramic, use a cleaner exclusively made for cleaning a ceramic tile.
- You should always remember not to use soap while cleaning the tiles as it can leave so mark behind making the floor look dull and promote the growth of mildew.
- Stay away from any ammonia-based or acidic cleaner since they can affect the grout’s color. Moreover, earn you used avid-based cleaners, your oils he’d marble tiles can look dull.
- Avoid using vinegar and water or bleach. Remember that vinegar is also an acid.
- Stone and the grout need different kinds of maintenance. You need to treat and clean those surfaces quite differently. So, do your homework before doing a DIY project.
- Pads made from steel wool or any other type of abrasive on stone or tile should not be used on your tiles floors. When steel or loose particles remain on the grout, they can lead to rust stains.
Thus, though the easiest ways to clean your tiles floors are mopping and sweeping them regularly, there is much more that can be done to maintain them well. So, if you want your tiles floors to sport a long-lasting shine follow these tips and see the difference.